The Kitchen Designer has come through again with some great tips for preparing your kitchen to show during an open house.
It takes more than just wiping down the counters and clearing the sink.
* When showing your home, turn on all the lights in the kitchen
* Clean the windows inside and out as well as window treatments if necessary
* Declutter your counters. I’ll say it again. Declutter your counters!
* Clean and organize the interiors of your cabinets – people will look inside
* Pay particular attention to organizing a food/pantry cabinet – this can look surprisingly good if shapes and sizes are arranged well
* Clean your floors
* Do touch ups wherever you can – walls, floors, cabinets, etc.
* Declutter your collections. Again…declutter your collections!
* After decluttering counters and collections, take a fresh look and add in a very few items if desired. Those items should be proportionate to the space. Do not put a small item on top of cabinets, use a larger item for better balance and proportion
* Make sure your picture(s) of the kitchen includes a wide angle shot and the kitchen is neat and decluttered.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- How to Keep Your Patio Furniture Clean of Dirt and Stains - April 29, 2015
- Build Your Own Zero Turn Mower Online with the new Z-Builder from Toro - April 28, 2015
- Power Up Your Smartphone with the Otterbox Resurgence - April 28, 2015