The kitchen is often the heart and soul of any home, so it’s no surprise that kitchen renovations are the most popular home improvement projects. Yet because a kitchen needs a high degree of functionality as well as design appeal, it can prove to be a complicated area in which to DIY.
The most common kitchen renovation mistake? Poor planning, which results in a below-average layout that impacts convenience and usage. If you’re considering a kitchen project, and in honor of Charles & Hudson’s Kitchen Month, here’s a resource guide so you can avoid making layout errors.
- Consider some sort of resource guide or planning materials that can help you guide your thought process, budget and overall outcome, such as the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s free planning workbook.
- Kitchen renovation and design encompasses a number of elements, so the importance of planning cannot be underestimated. This quick guide presents a number of tips, including gleaning inspiration from showrooms, considering storage and the benefit of improving upon what you have.
- Many kitchen design experts advocate creating a work triangle that guides the placement of counters and appliances in a kitchen’s work space.
Photo by johncarljohnson
Latest posts by Katy Schamberger (see all)
- How To Protect Your Home During An Ice Storm - December 8, 2014
- Keep Your Home Safe While You’re On Summer Vacation - May 16, 2014
- How to Garden in the Fall and Prep for Winter - September 23, 2013