Brick flooring has been an appealing aesthetic for centuries, making up the roadways and walkways for cities. Modern times have brought bricks indoors, where they continue to give an appealing aesthetic sensibility, no matter what your mode of decor.
Whether your home is elegantly furnished or, casual and comfy, brick flooring can be a welcome addition, especially as it easy to care for and very durable.
Here are some basics to brick flooring:
1. Many options – A brick floor can be laid down in a number of patterns, allowing you to match your outdoors and indoor style, or not! It’s all up to you.
2. Easy application – Brick flooring for indoor use is usually composed of thinly cut bricks, anywhere from 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick, and is also available in other thicknesses as well. In terms of installation, brick flooring is applied in the same manner as tile, with a mortar or other adhesive.
3. Durability and Use – Once in place, brick flooring offers the benefit of being remarkably sturdy, wear and tear resistant and even fireproof. Not only that, but brick flooring provides an anti-slip surface that is fade-resistant.
4. Stay classy – If you enjoy the look of brick flooring, but want extra easy maintenance and installation, there are also multitudes of laminate brick flooring options to choose from, just be sure they look classy, not cheesy.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- The InstaBoost Jump Starter Makes the Perfect Stocking Stuffer - December 19, 2014
- The Smart Home Big 3: Google Nest, Apple HomeKit, Samsung - December 9, 2014
- Inside a Chicago Woodshop – Untouched for 65 Years - December 9, 2014