If you’re looking for a way to enhance your pond or water element, then checkout these floating islands that promise to:
Made from layers of recycled plastic “matrix” which are bonded together with adhesive foam, BioHavens are planted with sod, garden plants or wetland plants and launched onto a water body.
There the plants are allowed to grow naturally, and, as they develop, their roots grow through the matrix and into the water below. Over time, a natural eco-system evolves. The model for this is Nature herself – BioHavens “bio-mimic” Nature. We are part of a new branch of science, Biomimicry, or Biomimetics.
1. They remove pollutants from a waterway, including nitrates, phosphates, ammonia and heavy metals
2. They provide critical riparian edge habitat – in fact, new land mass for use by all kinds of creatures, from microbes to humans
3. They sequester carbon and other greenhouse gases
4. They provide wave mitigation and erosion control
5. They beautify a waterscape
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build a Rolling Lumber Rack to Fit Full Sheets of Plywood Plus Cut Offs - August 17, 2015
- Smart Homes are Coveted by Home Buyers - August 11, 2015
- Milwaukee Tool ONE-KEY is the First Digital Platform for Power Tools - July 30, 2015