Before painting a room or a wall you need to determine how much paint you will need. We always go with just a bit more as it’s always frustrating to return to the hardware store for more paint that you hope they still have or that they are still open in the middle of the night when you finish your project. It’s also handy to have a little extra paint to cover drywall patches or nail holes.
1. Measure the length of the wall in feet.
2. Measure the height of the wall in feet.
3. Multiply the length times the height to get the square footage of wall area.
A gallon of paint will cover roughly 400 square feet. Make note that if you need two coats then double the amount of paint needed.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build a Rolling Lumber Rack to Fit Full Sheets of Plywood Plus Cut Offs - August 17, 2015
- Smart Homes are Coveted by Home Buyers - August 11, 2015
- Milwaukee Tool ONE-KEY is the First Digital Platform for Power Tools - July 30, 2015