We often think about donating non-perishable food, gently used clothing and other household items to help those in need. But what about tools?
Thanks to an organization called Tools For Self-Reliance, you can donate your gently used tools. Each item will be carefully refurbished before being sent to Africa to fulfill the organization’s mission, which is “to help relieve poverty in Africa. Our approach to development is to focus on the artisan sector in rural communities,” according to TFSR.
Needed tools include:
* Blacksmith tools (especially anvils, leg vices and hand-operated pillar drills.)
* Carpentry tools (metal jack planes, tri-planes and drawknives)
* Bicycle repair tools
* Shoe repair tools
* Auto-mechanics tools
* Electrical repair tools
* Industrial-quality power tools (heavy-duty drills, bench grinders.)
If you prefer, you can make a monetary donation that will be used to buy tools not received in donations, pay for shipping or finance a sewing machine refurbishing course for people in Tanzania.
Photo courtesy of Tools For Self-Reliance
Latest posts by Katy Schamberger (see all)
- How To Protect Your Home During An Ice Storm - December 8, 2014
- Keep Your Home Safe While You’re On Summer Vacation - May 16, 2014
- How to Garden in the Fall and Prep for Winter - September 23, 2013