Here are some features.
1. Built from local earth-filled Superadobe coils (soil-cement or lime-stabilized earth).
2. Tree free.
3. Maximum use of space through alternative options.
4. Self-contained single unit (potential for a guest house or studio apartment) or double unit (larger family residence).
5. Can be repeated and joined together to form larger homes and courtyard houses.
6. Can be built by a team of 3-5 persons.
7. Designed with the sun, shade and wind in mind for passive cooling and heating.
8. Wind-scoop can be combined with a rated furnace unit, depending on local code approval. Solar energy and radiant heating may be incorporated.
9. Interior furniture can be built-in with same material.
Price: $2,400 for a single unit (400 sq. ft. approx), $3,200 for double unit (800 sq. ft. approx.)
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Summer Home Tour - May 28, 2015
- Milwaukee 46″ Rolling Tool Storage Chest & Cabinet Review - May 27, 2015
- OLFA Fiberglass-Reinforced Auto-Lock Utility Knife (LA-X) Review - May 27, 2015