Over time a door placed in a wood frame will begin to sag causing air leaks around the door and space between the weatherstripping and door frame. Checking the hinge attachments is the first thing you should look at but if everything looks tight give these two tips a try to locate the draft.
1. During the day stand inside with the door closed and the interior lights off. Look for light passing through the spaces around the door. If you see light check the weather stripping in that area and apply more if needed.
2. Again close the door and stand on the inside facing the door. Hold a lit candle about 2-3 inches from the edges of the door and move it along the edge of the door from the bottom, across the top, and down the other side. If you see the flame flicker (not from your movement but a draft), then examine the weather stripping around that part of the door.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Husqvarna Expands Their Zero-Turn Mower Lineup With Z200 Models - March 26, 2015
- Assessing the Cost of Winter Damage - March 25, 2015
- Milwaukee Work Boxes Are a Tools Best Friend - March 24, 2015