A lawn tractor can be a handy tool to keep your yard looking great. As with any tool, you must respect its power and use caution during operation.
For lawn tractors, these precautions are especially critical if children are in the area. You can severely injure or kill by running over a child with the riding mower – in forward or reverse – with the blades engaged, or when objects are hit and thrown by the spinning blades.
Remember these important guidelines for operating a mower:
*Never give rides. A child may fall off the mower and into the spinning blades. Giving rides may also cause the child to be attracted to the mower, and the child may later approach without being seen.
* Use extreme caution in reverse. Keep alert for anyone who may enter the mowing area. Always look down and behind before and while backing up.
* Know where your kids are. Keep kids away from the mowing area. Have adult supervision to prevent them from approaching the mower before you have finished. Stop mowing if a child approaches the mowing area.
* Read safety instructions. You should also read and follow the safety instructions in your owner’s manual and remember to keep the keys to your mower away from children.
Thanks to Husqvarna for sharing these safety tips on lawn tractor use.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Provide Maximum Protection for Your iPhone with tech21 Cases and Screens - December 1, 2015
- Woodturning is a Skill any DIYer can Learn - November 25, 2015
- Olfa Makes the Best Utility Knives Money Can Buy - November 17, 2015