This manufactured home built in Cobb County, Georgia is the first home of it’s type to get a platinum LEED certification. Once only thought to be available to the rich who can build custom homes with fancy and far-out green options, the builder New World Home has shown us that even manufactured homes can be built with the environment in mind.
Features of this home include:
* Spray foam insulated walls and rafter;
* FSC wood from sustainably harvest forests;
* Pre-cast, insulated concrete foundation;
* Energy Star rated doors, windows, roof, ceiling fans, and appliances;
* Low-flow WaterSense fixtures and tankless water heaters;
* Gutters that collect 100% of rainwater for irrigation;
* Low or no VOC paints, adhesives, and finishes; and
* Non-added formaldehyde cabinets, floors, and trim.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Camp in Style with a DIY Folding Tripod Stool - March 31, 2015
- Magnetic Fire Hose® Work Pants: The Next Generation in Work Wear - March 30, 2015
- Spring is the Perfect Time Change Out Your Burnt Out Bulbs - March 30, 2015