Last year we touched on some ways to prevent sound from leaving your rooms but more importantly how do you keep sound out of your home? Repair-Home.com has some suggestions that require changes to your walls, ceilings, and windows. But you should first follow their easy tips.
* At least 25% of every room should be devoted to absorbent materials, such as carpeting, furniture, or draperies. These materials help dampen sound waves, and absorb sound.
* Entrance ways can also be a source of noise problems. Try to install solid-core doors throughout your house, or keep doors to your rooms closed. This will reduce the amount of sound that travels from room to room.
* In a pinch, cheap soundproofing never fails! You can always hang carpeting or bedding or push mattresses up against the walls, to help reduce noise transmission.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Magnum Work Boots: Precision Ultra Lite II Review - September 11, 2014
- Welcome to the Richmond House: Lessons in Lighting and Feng Shui - September 10, 2014
- IKEA First :59 – Start Your Day in the Best Possible Way - September 8, 2014