This recall got us thinking about safety again (safety should always be on our mind). We came across this list of table saw safety regulations and maintenance tips.
The absolute safety rules regarding table saws are:
1. Always use a push stick when the fence is set under 3″ to the blade.
2. Never stand in line with the blade.
3. Always unplug the saw when changing the blades.
4. Never reach over the blade.
5. Always wear eye protection.
The basic safety rules to be followed during table saw operation:
1. Make sure the fence is locked into place after setting the desired width.
2. Always keep the work firmly down on the table while pushing it past the blade.
3. Keep the work riding against the fence throughout the operation.
4. Don’t allow an excessive overhang of the work beyond the blade.
5. Don’t feed the material faster than the saw will accept.
Learn it, know it, live it…
If you want the safest saw around check out the Sawstop that just might save a finger or two.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build a Rolling Lumber Rack to Fit Full Sheets of Plywood Plus Cut Offs - August 17, 2015
- Smart Homes are Coveted by Home Buyers - August 11, 2015
- Milwaukee Tool ONE-KEY is the First Digital Platform for Power Tools - July 30, 2015