The only time you may ever concern yourself with a wall stud is when hanging a mirror or painting. Remember most studs are 16 to 24 inches apart on center. So when you find one stud you can always locate the adjacent one. But what is really inside a wall?
Tear back the drywall and you’ve got the studs, insulation, wiring and possibly venting. No real mysteries.
Popular Photo Galleries
- Mad Men Set Design: Behind the Scenes
- The Best Outdoor Showers
- International Builders Show (IBS) + K/BIS 2015
- 13 Eye-Popping Woodshops
- Photo Tour: Michael Jordan’s House
- National Hardware Show 2014 – Photo Gallery
- Photo Gallery of Roof Types
- 32 Stylish Modern Decks
- HGTV & DIY Network Designers and Contractors
- International Builders Show – IBS 2014 Photo Gallery