Here at C&H, we’re big fans of reading. And that means we’re always on the lookout for great bookshelf projects.
Adding built-in bookshelves to your home is an ideal way to increase your storage/display capacity. And those one-of-a-kind architectural touches can go a long way in adding a customized flair to your interior.
Built-in bookshelves are usually placed along a wall or even throughout an entire room, if you have the space for a dedicated library. But how about a few unexpected places that give you storage and a sense of drama? Consider these spots:
* Around a fireplace mantel. What could be a more compelling vignette than your favorite, well-worn books highlighted by the warm glow of a fire?
* Above or on either side of your kitchen stove. This creates an ideal nook for cookbooks and other kitchen accessories.
* Underneath a window seat. Curl up on a comfy cushion, grab a book, and voila — instant afternoon retreat.
* Within a headboard. Build a customized headboard with shelves running down the side or along the top. You’ll have a more versatile storage solution as opposed to a nightstand.
Do you have built-in bookcases in your home? If so, where are they?
Latest posts by Katy Schamberger (see all)
- How To Protect Your Home During An Ice Storm - December 8, 2014
- Keep Your Home Safe While You’re On Summer Vacation - May 16, 2014
- How to Garden in the Fall and Prep for Winter - September 23, 2013