Nismo, the in-house performance brand for Nissan, has just introduced a new line of off-road parts that will debut at this years Rebelle Rally.
There is no better place to introduce off-road gear than at the Rebelle Rally, which is an off-road race for women that covers 2,000+ kilometers across the Nevada and California landscape. It starts in Lake Tahoe and ends at Glamis, with navigation ranging from GPS to compasses, with challenges placed along the way.
Nissan will be sponsoring a team called, Wild Grace, who will be running a 2020 Nissan Frontier that will be outfitted with a Nismo/Bilstein suspension kit, off-road bumper, Nismo/Rigid off-road lights, and Nismo off-road wheels. All of which make this the ultimate Nissan branded off-roader.
Nissan is the only automaker to sponsor a team since the Rebelle Rally debuted 5 years ago. This years Team Wild Grace co-captains Sedona Blinson and Lyn Woodward are hoping to improve on their previous results and are hopeful the new 2020 Frontier with an improved drivetrain, best in class 310 HP motor, and updated Nismo products.
Here are more details on the new Nismo gear which will be available later this year for the 2005-2020 model year Frontier, 2016-2021 model year TITAN and 2005-2015 model year Xterra later this fall, and will also be offered on the forthcoming, next-generation Frontier. Products will be available through Nissan dealers, select NISMO retailers or via NISMOparts.nissanusa.com.
NISMO off-road Performance Suspension Kit
- Developed in partnership with Bilstein®.
- Specifically tuned for the additional weight of typical overlanding equipment such as camping gear, heavy-duty bumpers and larger, heavier tires.
- Monotube, gas-pressurized shocks feature digressive valving that reacts to the most challenging off-road and trail conditions.
- Front and rear shocks allow for additional wheel travel; rear shocks feature remote reservoir technology, which helps ensure optimum performance in demanding conditions.
- System can provide up to a 2-inch lift over stock ride height2.
NISMO off-road Bumper
- First in a series of new off-road bumpers for Nissan trucks and SUVs.
- Constructed of high-tensile steel and finished with a durable, textured powercoat.
- Designed, laser cut, formed and welded with quality precision to provide maximum strength and durability in demanding off-road conditions.
- Weighs only 105 lbs.
- Features two attachment points for recovery shackles and accommodation for lights; designed to be winch capable with easy access to winch controls.
NISMO off-road Lighting
- New line of LED off-road lighting developed in partnership with Rigid IndustriesTM.
- Lineup will include a selection of pod lamps (round and square designs) and lightbars in a variety of sizes and beam patterns.
- Initial offering will be a set of 6-inch round driving lamps with robust aluminum housings, white accent backlighting and an output of 8,600 lumens.
- Light kits will include installation instructions, harness, switch and NISMO-branded protective covers.
NISMO off-road Wheels
- Custom designed and manufactured for NISMO.
- Size: 17×7.5-inch; Bolt Pattern: 6×114.3; Backspacing: +30mm; Load Rated for 1,950 lbs. (above factory OEM spec).
- Axis Gray painted finish.
- NISMO center cap.
- Designed and tested to rigorous SAE J2530 standards for aftermarket wheels.
Here’s hoping more off-road companies field test and launch product at the Rebelle Rally.