Today Suunto released the Suunto 9 Peak, which on paper is their greatest sports watch ever.
That’s a bold statement considering Suunto has been making watches for 85 years and is a worldwide leader in outdoor, performance, and lifestyle watches.
The first purchase I made after getting dive certified, wasn’t a new mask or fins, but a Suunto dive watch that I still have today. I used it to mark my first open water dives and marveled at it’s accuracy and form.
The new Suunto 9 Peak is generations beyond my first Suunto, and you won’t believe the technology they’ve packed into this device (It has 5 different GPS systems!) . All designed to enhance, monitor, and track your favorite activities.
Standout features include:
- Up to 170 hours of GPS battery, provides route import, and turn-by-turn navigation with Komoot.
- Grade 5 titanium or stainless steel and a sapphire glass face.
- 37% thinner and 36% lighter than the Suunto 9 Baro.
- Blood oxygen level measurements to help determine acclimation levels at higher altitudes.
- Faster charging: 100% battery in 1 hour.
- Bluetooth 5 doubles the sync speed between watch and Suunto app.
The Suunto 9 Peak will be available in two different styles with four nature-inspired colors: Granite Blue Titanium and Birch White Titanium made with sapphire glass and grade 5 titanium and All Black and Moss Gray, made with sapphire glass and stainless steel.
MSRP: Titanium models: $699.00, Stainless steelmodels: $569.00
Weight: 52g(titanium) 62 (standard) Dimensions: 43mm x 43mm x 10.6mm
Materials: Grade 5 Titanium or Stainless Steel
Glass: Sapphire Crystal
Water Resistance: 100m
Battery Life: 25 hours with Performance mode and up to 170 hours in Tour mode
GPS: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BEIDOU
The Suunto 9 Peak is available for preorder and will ship June 17, 2021.