Your neighbors are the best source of home security possible and organizing them helps everyone out. Neighborhood Watch programs are the best place to start and they’ve got some great ideas for how to build your own neighborhood watch program.
1. Recruit and Organize as many neighbors as possible
The first step is talking to your fellow neighbors about starting a group.
2. Contact your local law enforcement agency and schedule a meeting
The next step is contacting your local law enforcement agency. Invite them to meet with your group at a time and place convenient for your Watch Group. It is essential for your group to work in collaboration with law enforcement because Neighborhood Watch is a cooperative effort.
3. Discuss community concerns and develop an action plan
If law enforcement is unavailable to come to the first meeting you might want to have a meeting to discuss the concerns and issues in the neighborhood.
4. Hold regular meetings and train
5. Implement a phone tree and take action steps
The main goals for all neighborhood watch programs should be too.
* Partnerships with Law Enforcement and your Neighbors
* Reduction in Crime
* A More Secure and Better Prepared Hometown
* A More United Community
* Improved Communications
[via Neighborhood Watch]
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build Your Own Zero Turn Mower Online with the new Z-Builder from Toro - April 17, 2015
- DeWALT Launches 40V MAX Battery-Powered Outdoor Equipment - April 17, 2015
- Open and Close Your Garage Door from Your Smartphone with Chamberlain MyQ - April 16, 2015