In an effort to save space in an electrical box and therefore make it easier for a do-it-yourselfer to navigate, the Slim Series SmartlockPro GFCI outlet from Leviton has reduced the depth of the GFCI outlet by roughly 25% which allows for more room to maneuver wires and therefore easier to install.
Other features include
* Reduced depth makes it easier to install in any electrical box, even shallow ones
* Saves time on the job
* Only 1.026″ protrusion into wallbox
* Terminals allow for easy wiring options – back and side wire capable
* External back wire clamps provide visual indication of proper clamping
* Standard brass self-grounding clips
* Automatically tests the GFCI every time the RESET button is pushed in. The GFCI will not reset if its circuit is not functioning properly
* Blocks the RESET button if GFCI protection has been compromised, reducing the possibility of end-users incorrectly assuming that a reset GFCI is providing ground fault protection when it is not
* Patented bridge contact provides individual sets of contacts for GFCI receptacle face and downstream receptacles
The Slimlock GFCI outlet is available in 15A and 20A versions and comes in various colors.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build a Rolling Lumber Rack to Fit Full Sheets of Plywood Plus Cut Offs - August 17, 2015
- Smart Homes are Coveted by Home Buyers - August 11, 2015
- Milwaukee Tool ONE-KEY is the First Digital Platform for Power Tools - July 30, 2015