Last summer our water bill was fluctuating a lot. It turns out we had a slow drip on a outdoor faucet that we didn’t catch for a couple months and it cost us. If we had a Flume smart home water monitor we probably would have caught the leak as soon as it started.
How often do you look at your water usage in-depth? If you are like me, not often, unless you notice a big discrepancy between bills, but by that time a month or more may have passed during which you’ve wasted a ton of water and thrown money down the drain.
Flume has arrived with a solution to your water usage woes. Here’s how it works.
- Connect the Flume device to your home WiFi.
- Strap Flume to your water meter.
- Download the Flume app and start monitoring your water usage in real time.
It’s really that simple.
Here’s why you should monitor your water usage.
- You can setup Flume to provide you with alerts when water has been running for a preset amount of time that can indicate a possible leak.
- Flume can provide neighborhood comparisons based on usage, to help you determine if you are inline with how much water households of your size are consuming.
- Set water budgets and receive alerts when you go over budget or are nearing the threshold so you can be more concious of your water usage.
- Prevent water damage by immediately addressing flooding due to a blown water hose from your diswasher or washing machine.
Check out more from Flume.