It’s here! The weekend that Angelenos have been dreading for months. CARMAGEDDON!!!
Simply put, the 405 freeway will be closed for two days at 10-mile stretch between I-10 and the 101 to repair a damaged bridge. The run up to this event has been a bit Y2Kish with everyone planning to stay at home or leave the city as to not get caught in any collateral traffic jams that the closure will undoubtedly cause.
We live at the intersection of the 10 and 405 and we liken the hum of the highway to a babbling brook but with the occasional siren and horn. We are welcoming this weekend to enjoy the sunny SoCal weather and do some gardening and outdoor projects in near silence.
Here’s a list of some of our favorite home improvement projects you can do if you’ve decided to hunker down at home to avoid the traffic.
1. Install a Hammock – Everyone needs the ultimate chill furnishing
2. Create a Year-Round Outdoor Space – If you live in Cali there’s no excuse to not enjoy the benefits if indoor/outdoor living.
3. Build a Picnic Table – Eating outdoors is a lost pleasure
4. Make a Flower Window Box – Everything grows in California!
5. Build an Outdoor Shower – Indulge in this guilty pleasure – you’ll thanks us later
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- GreenIQ Manages Your Lawn and Garden Watering Schedule So You Don’t Have To - January 27, 2015
- Keurig Coffee Maker Meet GE Refrigerator – A Match Made in Heaven - January 24, 2015
- Stay Warm with a Heated Camo Hoodie - January 20, 2015