The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is back, and we had an opportunity to see the winner of the last year’s Tour at the El Segundo stop this weekend. Luis Rodriguez was joined by his family and avid car collector, Jay Leno, to show off his winning 2JetZ custom car build that has been immortalized as a 1:64-scale die-cast Hot Wheel.
Last years tour attracted more than 3,600 cars and 65,000 fans and this year’s tour promises to be even bigger. On Saturday Jay Leno served as a guest judge and selected a finalist to join Hot Wheels at SEMA Auto Show where their custom car will be judged side-by-side with winners from each of the 18 stops. We saw all the finalists at SEMA last year, and although most were deserving, 2JetZ was definitely a show stopper.
You Can Win
By attending a tour stop you have a chance to win a brand-new Chevrolet Camaro or the ultimate Hot Wheels experience in Los Angeles, plus more prizes. Text LEGENDS to 44724 or visit LegendsTourSweeps.com to enter the sweepstakes and instantly receive $5 off your next Mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil purchase at Walmart. More tour stop goodies include:
- Honda joins this year’s Legends Tour with the Honda Super Tuner Legends Series – an exclusive live custom tuner component making select stops along the tour: El Segundo (May 18), Denver (Aug. 10), Seattle (Aug. 24) and Santa Clarita (Oct. 19). One custom-tuned Honda vehicle from each stop will be selected as a Honda Super Tuner Finalist and will compete for the “Honda Super Tuner” title, which includes the opportunity to have their vehicle displayed at the prestigious SEMA Show in Las Vegas November 5-8, 2019.
- A patch customization station with special Legends Patches sponsored by Dickies plus lots of fun giveaways
- Fun pitstop challenge games, for kids and adults, with prizes courtesy of Mechanix Wear
- For the first time, Hot Wheels is also sending a traveling vending machine + play truck to each stop—as well as dozens of other Walmart’s—so fans can get their hands on their own exclusive Hot Wheels die-casts, even some not available in stores.
- A Forza gaming experience in the Legends Vending Machine + Play Truck sponsored by Microsoft
Check out a local Legends Tour stop near you.
Photos: Mattel and Timothy Dahl