Go green by using every last bit of that piece of lumber including the sawdust.
1. Mix it with white paint to make fake snow.
2. Use it for traction on slippery roads.
3. Soak up spills in the shop or garage.
4. Feed your plants with it, except if it’s walnut sawdust.
5. Make fire starters.
6. Fill holes and defects in wood.
7. Use it to pack a path.
8. Use walnut sawdust to kill weeds.
9. Lighten the heft of mixed cement.
10. Use it as a floor cleaner.
Check out Curbly for the whole list of 17.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- How to Convert Your Lawn to Drought-Tolerant Native Plants - May 22, 2015
- Double Down on Home Security with Double Cylinder Deadbolts - May 11, 2015
- Upcycle a Used Tire into a Succulent Planter - May 3, 2015