When remodeling your kitchen make sure you consider the kitchen work triangle as a guide to cooking productivity.
The National Kitchen and Bath Association has specified these guidelines for your “work triangle”.
1. The sum of the work triangle’s three sides should not exceed 26 feet, and each leg should measure between 4 and 9 feet.
2. The work triangle should not cut through an island or peninsula by more than 12 inches.
3. If the kitchen has only one sink, it should be placed between or across from the cooking surface, preparation area, or refrigerator.
4. No major traffic patterns should cross through the triangle.
photo: Nancy Hugo
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Build Your Own Zero Turn Mower Online with the new Z-Builder from Toro - April 17, 2015
- DeWALT Launches 40V MAX Battery-Powered Outdoor Equipment - April 17, 2015
- Open and Close Your Garage Door from Your Smartphone with Chamberlain MyQ - April 16, 2015