Universal design was a major theme at the 2010 Builders’ Show and Kohler delivered with their assisted living toilet, Fountainhead elongated one-piece toilet.
It was displayed prominently in their gorgeous exhibitor space and you couldn’t help but press the buttons to see the seat rise and fall effortlessly. The toilet as all others in their display were working models and this toilet looks as if it was designed by engineers who saw form and function equally.
Specs on the toilet:
With just a slight touch the user can actuate the automatic seat and ring opening or closing. Additionally, the toilet will automatically flush when the toilet seat lid is closed. Innovative tankless Power Lite® technology provides exceptional flushing performance, using just 1.28 gallons per flush, saving as much as 3,200 gallons of water annually over a traditional 1.6-gallon toilet. A Comfort Height™ bowl and exclusive Kohler toilet seat ensure comfort, hygiene and safety.
* 26-3/16 “L x 20″W x 20-1/8″H
* Elongated bowl
* Includes heated, lift-assist opening/closing toilet seat and lid, less supply
* Features auto-flush option when the toilet seat lid is down, with manual override electronic soft-touch actuation option also available
* Complements the Fountainhead Suite
* NOTE: Requires 120V, 15A, 60 Hz electrical receptacle protected by Class A GFCI
* Meets strict flushing performance guidelines established by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) WaterSense program
* WaterSense labeled toilets use at least 20% less water than standard 1.6-gallon toilets
* This product can help a building earn Water Efficiency points in the LEED Green Building Rating System™. See specification sheet for water use data.
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- The Smart Home Big 3: Google Nest, Apple HomeKit, Samsung - December 9, 2014
- Inside a Chicago Woodshop – Untouched for 65 Years - December 9, 2014
- Buy and Sell, Baby and Kid Gear on Built by Kids Classifieds - December 8, 2014