Although you can’t seem them, ducts are one of the most important components of a home, carrying air from your home’s furnace and central air conditioner to each room. If your sheet metal, fiberglass, or other material duct is not sealed properly, you could have an energy leak that is costing you money.
Follow these tips adapted from Do It Yourself to ensure proper duct function:
1. Check for leaks. Any minor leaks can be sealed with duct tape.
2. To prevent moisture buildup, make sure a well-sealed vapor barrier is on all cooling ducts.
3. Use a professional to repair and seal all ducts as well as ducts in unconditioned spaces.
photo: velo steve
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- How to Keep Your Patio Furniture Clean of Dirt and Stains - April 29, 2015
- Build Your Own Zero Turn Mower Online with the new Z-Builder from Toro - April 28, 2015
- Power Up Your Smartphone with the Otterbox Resurgence - April 28, 2015