Although you can’t seem them, ducts are one of the most important components of a home, carrying air from your home’s furnace and central air conditioner to each room. If your sheet metal, fiberglass, or other material duct is not sealed properly, you could have an energy leak that is costing you money.
Follow these tips adapted from Do It Yourself to ensure proper duct function:
1. Check for leaks. Any minor leaks can be sealed with duct tape.
2. To prevent moisture buildup, make sure a well-sealed vapor barrier is on all cooling ducts.
3. Use a professional to repair and seal all ducts as well as ducts in unconditioned spaces.
photo: velo steve
Latest posts by Timothy Dahl (see all)
- Camp in Style with a DIY Folding Tripod Stool - March 31, 2015
- Magnetic Fire Hose® Work Pants: The Next Generation in Work Wear - March 30, 2015
- Spring is the Perfect Time Change Out Your Burnt Out Bulbs - March 30, 2015